May 05, 2014

Rice Krispie Bars


Generally, I don't give much thought to how things work themselves out. I either go with the flow or make things happen for myself. I'm not a believer in fate or destiny, but as of recently my life has been going pretty well. Everything seems to be clicking into place. (Everything's coming up Milhouse!). Things are connecting up in ways far beyond my control.  

I've been extremely lucky recently. It's kind of crazy, in a good way, but it also makes me think of when my luck is going to end. I can't so easily accept my good fortune. What's that about? I need to embrace my good times!


Now, these rice krispie bars are a good time So simple to make and SO versatile-rice krispie bars are not just for kids anymore. These ones are studded with M&M's and chocolate covered pretzels. AMAZING.


You have artistic license with these. Feel free to add nut or crispy M&M's, yogurt covered pretzels or just regular salted ones. I wish I had added some jellies to them...little chewy midget gems would be amazing in these bars! Next time, next time. 

Enjoy,

Holly, x


Five ingredients to make 20 Rice Krispie Bars....not to shabby! 350g Marshmallows, 80g Butter, 200g Rice Krispie's, 165g M&M's, 100g Chocolate Covered Pretzels. 


To begin, line a 10 inch by 14 inch baking tray with parchment paper.

Place the marshmallows and butter in a heavy based saucepan. 


Heat the pot over a medium heat and slowly melt the marshmallows and butter. Keep an eye on the marshmallows as they will burn really easily, so make sure to stir them regularly. 


Allow the marshmallow and butter to cool every so slightly and pour over the rice krispies. Stir quickly so that the marshmallow doesn't set to quickly. 


Stir in the M&M's and chocolate covered pretzels. 


Pour into the prepared tray and with slightly wet hands, evenly push the mixture into the tray. 


Place the tray in the fridge and allow to set for at least two hours. 


Remove from the fridge and cut into 20 bars. 

Recipe, Makes 20 Bars

350g Marshmallows
80g Butter
200g Rice Krispie's
165g M&M's
100g Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Line a 10 inch by 14 inch baking tray with parchment paper. 
Break up the chocolate covered pretzels and mix with the Rice Krispie's and M&M's.
Melt the butter and marshmallows in a pot over a low to medium heat.
Keep an eye on this as the marshmallow may burn easily, so stir constantly. 
Once melted, set aside and allow to cool but do not allow the mix to set. 
Pour over the pretzel mix and stir to combine well-move quickly as you don't want the heat of the marshmallow to melt the chocolate covered pretzels and M&M's. 
Pour into the lined baking tin.
Wet your hands with cold water and push the mix evenly  into the tin.
Place in the fridge and allow to set for at least two hours. 
Remove from the fridge and cut into 20 bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment