January 18, 2013

Brie, Shredded Chicken, Artichoke + Jalapeño Quesadilla // Simple Guacamole+Salsa


If you know me or are a good friend of mine, you'll know that I love sandwiches. I appreciate them immensely. A sandwich-something delicious sandwiched between a vessel such as bread-white/brown, a bagel, a burger bun, a tortilla, focaccia, so on and so forth. You're getting the picture, right? I'm looking at 'the sandwich' in its fantastic wide variety of  forms. There are so many options-all super!

 

Tell  me you like something and I'll make it for you if you come to my house. Tell me you love chocolate/pineapple/tomatoes/eggs or Brie and I'll make something delicious for you using that ingredient. 

I met my friend's new (boy)friend the other day and he said that he loves Brie and how he loved this sandwich. I told him I'd work on something with Brie. I couldn't think of what to make. Another friend-Karen, was telling me about a quesadilla she was making. So, I thought yeah, lets make a quesadilla with melty Brie all up in it! The final product: a Brie, shredded chicken, artichoke, jalapeño, sundried tomatoes quesadilla with a simple guacamole and salsa. 


There's a lot of deliciousness going on here. In my opinion, maybe I'm biased but, this is a solid tasting quesadilla and since a quesadilla is Mexican, I made a simple guacamole and salsa to go along. 

Look, just do me a favour and make this?!

Enjoy,
Holly, x


Artichoke hearts, jalapeños, tortilla, Brie, shredded chicken, sundried tomatoes: quesadilla is under way!


Load up one side of the tortilla with shredded chicken.


Arrange sliced jalapeños, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes on top.


Cover with a few thick slices of Brie.


Place in a cold pan, place over a medium heat and toast until melty, golden and delicious.

Recipe, makes 1 quesadilla.

For this recipe, I'm not going to give you quantities just an ingredients list for you to work from because your tortilla might be bigger/smaller than the 8 inch one I used! Add as much/little of the ingredients as you like!

1 Wheat/Corn Tortilla
Leftover Shredded Chicken or 1 Chicken Fillet Poached and Shredded
Jalapeños
Marinated Artichoke Hearts
Sundried Tomatoes
Brie Cheese

Pile the shredded chicken on one side of the tortilla.
Roughly chop the marinated artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and pickled jalapeños.
Sprinkle over the chicken. Finish with a few thick slices of Brie.
Fold the tortilla over and place in a cool, dry pan.
Turn on the heat to medium and toast the quesadilla until melty on the inside and golden, crispy on the outside.
Serve immediately with the guacamole and salsa below.

Simple Guacamole

1 Ripe Avocado
1/4 Lime, Juiced
Salt and Pepper

Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
Mash with a fork, add in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Simple Salsa

1 Medium Ripe Tomato
1/4 Red Pepper,
1/4 Medium Red Onion
Salt and Pepper
Few Dashes Tabasco

Quarter the tomato, remove seeds and finely dice.
Finely dice the red onion and red pepper.
Place into a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and hit with a few dashes of Tabasco to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment