December 06, 2012

Brie, Apple and Mustard Toastie


Looking at this sandwich I'm guessing you're thinking lunch? You'd be completely right to think such a thing. I will admit though, I had it for breakfast, well, brunch. I hope brunch doesn't have to be after 12pm....

Today is cold, grey, wet, dull and so dreary. A bowl of cereal with ice cold milk just wasn't going to cut it. For breakfast, sometimes I like to eat toast, a few slices of cheddar cheese with some sliced apple on the side. I opened the fridge this morning to see a honking piece of Brie staring out at me.

I really only had one option and it was to make a toasty. 


Do you see the molten cheese, doesn't it look like the best toastie? The apple softens ever so slightly and releases a tiny amount of juice that mixes with the hot mustard mayo and just makes everything mmmmm. 

I will insist that you make this toastie in a frying pan to get the gorgeous golden crust.

Enjoy,

Holly, x



All the ingredients for this toastie are most likely knocking around your kitchen.


Bread+sweet apple+mustard mayo+Brie=one hell of a toastie!

Recipe, Makes 2 Sandwiches for either 1 or 2 people!!

4 Slices Good Quality Bread eg Sourdough
Mustard Mayo-recipe below
1 Medium Sweet Eating Apple
75-100g Brie
Butter

Spread bread generously with mustard mayo.
Slice brie and lay on one slice of bread.
Top with the sliced apple and another layer of cheese.
Put on the lid-mayo side down. 
Spread a little butter on the outside of the sandwich.
Heat a frying pan and toast the sandwich on both sides until beautifully crispy, golden and the Brie is molten. 

Hot Mustard Mayo

1 Tablespoon Mayo
1 Teaspoon Grainy Mustard
3/4 Teaspoon Hot English Mustard

Mix all ingredients together.



No comments:

Post a Comment